The Mayor’s Office of Communications:
- Provides strategic counsel on message development for the Mayor and the City of Atlanta
- Plans and executes special events and projects that advance administrative priorities;
- Manages relationships with dozens of local and national print, broadcast and online media outlets;
- Organizes Mayoral press conferences, local and national interviews and announcements;
- Partners with the city’s public information officers on projects; and leads in crisis communications.
Daily functions include:
Writing speeches, talking points, media advisories, press releases, communications plans, ceremonial documents and correspondence on behalf of the Mayor.
The Office also manages digital communications through the City of Atlanta website at www.atlantaga.gov and via social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The Mayor’s Office of Communications also includes the operations of City Channel 26.
- Since January 2010, Mayor Kasim Reed was profiled in over 12 national publications including the New York Times, Delta Sky, Atlanta Magazine, The Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, Meet the Press, Governing Magazine and The Root, to name a few.
- We archive the Mayor’s press coverage and programs and momentos from events and special occasions.
We also deflect, address and correct negative stories on a daily basis. We are the keepers of the Mayor and the City of Atlanta’s brand.
- Over 600,000 photos have been taken thus far in the first term.
- City photos have appeared in magazines, newspapers, websites, blogs and social media outlets worldwide.
- Our office generated more than 1,500 ceremonial documents and Phoenix Awards in 2010.
- Another more than 900 in 2011.
City Channel 26
- In a typical 24-hour rotation, a meeting will replay on average 2-3 times daily, based on the length of the meeting.
- We now programming Channel 26 twice a week to provide viewers with more opportunities to watch rebroadcasts;
- There are now three (3) ways in which a City Channel 26 viewer can find information about schedules, programming and news: Channel 26 itself, the city website and social networks, specifically: Facebook and Twitter.
- On average we are creating 4-5 new packages every two weeks to provide better original programming to our viewers.
- We have four new segments called:
- Neighborhood by Neighborhood
- Living Smarter with Aaron Watson,
- Keep It Intown with Kwanza Hall
- City Health Check
- Channel 26 has completely updated Committee Room #2 with state of the art microphones, podium and speakers that will carry us well beyond 2020.
- Channel 26 is 75% finished with its Apple transition for post production
- All of Mayor Reed’s community PSAs are now being recorded in High Definition quality for broadcast.
Media Inquiries: ATLMedia@atlantaga.gov
Mayor Kasim Reed to Join Chick-fil-A and The Coca-Cola Company to Announce Major Investment in Atlanta’s Westside
September 27, 2016, 2:30 PM
Mayor Kasim Reed to Participate in Panel Discussion at the Texas Tribune Festival
September 23, 2016, 3:45 PM
Mayor Kasim Reed and Governor Nathan Deal to Break Ground on New Mercedes-Benz Corporate Headquarters
September 23, 2016, 1:30 PM
City of Atlanta Announces Name of Water Supply Program Tunnel Boring Machine
September 21, 2016, 3:30 PM
Mayor Kasim Reed to Join Department of Watershed Management to Announce the Name of the New Tunnel Boring Machine
September 20, 2016, 1:00 PM
Last updated: 12/3/2013 11:51:56 AM