If you are in doubt about whether or not your proposed activity is an Outdoor Special Event, and are unsure of what is required, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I expect 75 people or more to be gathered for an hour or more?
- Even though my event is on private property, will some aspects of it spill onto the public space? (i.e. sidewalks, roads, city property or property owned by someone other than you)
- Is there a remote chance that the safety of the participants and/or the residents of the City of Atlanta may be affected if certain aspects of the event are not properly constructed, installed, or handled? (i.e. food preparation, electrical wiring, tents, stages, generators)
- Does your event require any City of Atlanta services? (trash pick-up, closing of streets, etc)
- Will I be erecting a stage, tent (10 x 10 or larger) or bleachers?
- Will I be vending? (food, beverages, merchandise, services, charging admission on-site)
- Will I be selling/serving Alcohol?
- Will my event include advertising and/or product sampling?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please read the outdoor event permit descriptions. If your event is in a park and include tents over 10x10, stages, vending of food or merchandise, alcohol, amusement rides or advertising/product sampling then you will need to complete a Outdoor Festival Application.
Last updated: 1/24/2012 5:10:17 PM