About the Office of Revenue
MISSION: To ensure timely and accurate revenue administration by providing excellent customer service delivery.
VISION: To be recognized as a premier and leading government revenue organization.
• Strong Overall Collection Rate
• Increase City Sources of Income
• Meet Budget versus Actual Revenue Metrics
The Office of Revenue comprises of the following functional areas; Budgeting and Forecasting, Billing, Customer Service, Business and Occupational Tax Licensing, Collections, Audit and Compliance, Reconciliations and Payment Processing. These functional areas maintain updated policies and procedures to ensure for a strong control environment including daily bank deposits, accounting and timely posting of City receipts to the general ledger.
The Office responsibilities include preparing governmental and non-major enterprise annual revenue budgets (revenue anticipations) for the executive and legislative branches of City government. The Office provides an annual Budget Commission Report in June of each year delineating the revenue anticipations for the next year’s budget.
The Office relies on independent economic assessments from major research entities including the University of Georgia-Selig Economic Center, S&P Case-Shiller Index, Cushman and Wakefield, PKF Consulting, and Federal and State economic data. Key economic drivers are utilized in the preparation of a multi-year financial model that is updated on a monthly basis.
The Office administers billing, collection for business and occupational taxes, hotel/motel taxes, car rental taxes, alcohol taxes, franchise fees, municipal leases, professional tax accounts and compliance with the City Code of Ordinances. Invest Atlanta is our strategic partner to provide advice on expanding entrepreneurship and small business development in the City.
The Office conducts audits to ensure that businesses are accurately reporting all revenues due to the City. The tax compliance group conducts reviews and analyses of major aged accounts and subsequent enforcement actions including the placement of liens to satisfy outstanding debts, with a focus on delinquent general fund and water/ wastewater fund accounts.
The Tax Bill 2016
2016 City of Atlanta Public Notice 5 year
Revenue Manual Dashboard FY 2016
FY 2017 Tax Hearing Presentation
- iReceivables is an online application that enables you to view real-time balances and transaction information. It provides City Customers with the self-service ability to manage their accounts and print invoices online. City customers are able to view their aging, account balances, outstanding invoices, and open payments. If your invoice is misplaced or lost, a copy of the invoice can be obtained via access to iReceivables.
Note: iReceivables is only accessible to Oracle database customers. As such, it does not include Business Tax, Occupational Tax, and Alcohol Tax customers which are on a separate database.
Customers must provide a company e-mail request in order to access iReceivables information.
iReceivables – Bill Management
Frequently Asked Questions
- Solid Waste Service Charges
- The Tax Bill - An Illustrative Guide
- Business Tax
- Revenue Discovery Systems (RDS) is an authorized third party contractor of the City of Atlanta. RDS can be contacted at 1-855-219-4336.