Atlanta Workforce Development Agency
818 Pollard Blvd., SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30315
Deputy Director of Operations
From Mobile Devices
The Atlanta Workforce Development Agency is comitted to provide Atlanta residents to quality One-Stop services for Employment services. Our mission is to serve our clients, both prospective employees and employers with an ever growing range of services.
Created through the Workforce Investment Act of 1998, the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency (AWDA) has assisted thousands of Atlanta residents in securing gainful employment and self sufficiency.
A bureau of the City of Atlanta Executive Offices of the Mayor, the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency exists to contribute to the economic security of Atlanta’s workers, businesses and communities through a comprehensive statewide system of employment services, education and regulation of health, safety and employment laws. We provide human capital solutions through creative funding strategies and partnerships that keep Atlanta globally and economically strong. We sector community leaders are regionally focused, locally driven, and is dedicated to providing innovative employment and training strategies.
We also help Atlanta businesses expand and thrive through a competitive workforce. Our public and private sector community partners are focused, driven, and dedicated to providing innovative employment and training strategies.
AWDA is committed to:
- Increasing the capacity of local leaders, organizations, and schools to create, recruit, and retain businesses and industries.
- Enabling communities to identify key stakeholders and to work cooperatively to devise a plan to ascertain community assets to solve workforce-related problems and to strengthen community capacity.
- Strengthening the capacity of individuals to (a) secure employment, (b) re-enter the workforce, and (c) remain employed.Supporting the efforts of schools and businesses as they work together to provide career exploration opportunities for young people preparing to enter the workforce.
The number one priority of AWDA is to establish a qualified workforce for Atlanta's businesses and industries. Job training services are provided to youth and adults for entry into the labor force. These services and academic opportunities are designed to provide the skills necessary to obtain employment in occupations with long-term growth potential. Services include: basic skills training, on-the-job training, work experience, re-training and readjustment services, occupational skills training and job placement near the completion of training.
Our goal is to increase employment and training opportunities for Atlanta's citizens, as well as enhance their productivity and competitiveness in the workplace.
AWDA administers the following services:
- Eligibility Determination
- Job Search and Placement Assistance
- Case Management
- Paid and Unpaid Work Experience
- Leadership Development Activities
- Weekly Job Fairs
A 501(c)3 non profit organization, AWDA operations are governed by an active board of directors. The agency partners with federal, state, and local governments, colleges, schools, community and faith based organizations in the delivery of comprehensive workforce development services.