To ensure safe and sanitary conditions in housing and commercial properties through effective code enforcement efforts.
To make the City of Atlanta a better place to live, work, play, and conduct business through the laws and regulations governing code enforcement.
Four ways to submit a code violation
Check the status of your Code Request
Code of Ordinances
In Search box, enter 'Atlanta Housing Code of 1987'
WHAT WE DO
The Bureau of Code Compliance is responsible for the inspection and enforcement of residential and commercial properties that violate the Atlanta Housing Code, Graffiti Ordinance, and/or Commercial Maintenance and Industrial Code. Properties are inspected for violations such as:
- decayed/damaged leaking roofs,
- holes in flooring (both inside and out),
- broken window glass; flaking/peeling paint,
- units not supplied with water or adequate heat,
- rodent infestation or unsanitary conditions,
- overgrown, littered vacant lots,
- junk/inoperative vehicles,
- electrical hazards,
- open and vacant structures,
- dilapidated buildings, and
- numerous other deficiencies which render properties substandard, or unsafe to its occupants or the general public.
Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Bureau of Code Compliance Affiliates
Office Hours and Contact Information
Monday – Friday
8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Last updated: 5/11/2016 11:40:06 AM