About residential general repair permits
Residential general repair permits are required for improvements to existing single family or two-family residences; however, if the total cost of materials and labor are less than $2,500, a permit is not required.
The City of Atlanta’s Online Permitting for General Repairs is a secure, web-based online permitting system. General repair permits that do not require plan review can be submitted online.
Click here to apply for a general repair permit online.
General Repairs do not include:
- Additions to the structure
- Changing unheated space to heated space (such as attic or basement)
- Changes to floor plan, new concrete work, new paving or other site work
- Complete rehabilitation of an existing residence
- Conversion of the existing structure to another use (such as duplex to single family residence).
- Full replacement of steps, floor boards and railings
Plans are required for the following:
- New work (including tearing down a porch and replacing it with a new porch),
- Site work (such as driveways and new walls)
- Complete rehabilitation
OFFICE OF BUILDINGS 55 Trinity Avenue
3rd Floor - Suite 3900
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Phone: (404) 330-6150
Click here for a list of Contacts for the Office of Buildings
Click here for a complete list of the Office of Buildings' Forms and Checklists.
Last updated: 3/26/2015 1:43:22 PM