The City of Atlanta seeks to ensure adequate on-street parking for our residents and visitors. Motor vehicles bearing a special parking permit may be parked in excess of the time limits posted on streets within certain areas known as residential permit parking areas. (Ord. No. 2002-56, § 1, Sec 150-159, 150-170)
City of Atlanta Residential Parking Permitted Areas:
- Ansley Park
- Atkins Park
- Glen Iris
- Home Park
- Inman Park
- Inwood Circle
- Myrtle Street
- Saunders Street
- Vine City
Residential Parking Application Instructions:
- Application may be made by mail or in person at: Atlanta City Hall Department of Public Works, 55 Trinity Avenue, SW Suite 4700. (Download a Residential Permit Application) All residential parking permits issued for a discrete residential permit parking area shall have a common expiration date. Full-term permits shall be valid for one year and must be renewed on an annual basis. (Ordinance 08-0-0872, Section 150-151. Permits terms; fees
- The permit fee is $20.00 per year (Effective 7/22/08)
- This application must be accompanied by: Copy of Driver's License for the driver of the permitted vehicle; Additional proof of residency (utility bill, lease contract, etc.); Copy of Current vehicle registration; and the "SAVE E Verify" Affidavit .
- The address provided on the application must be an address within a Residential Parking Permit area.
- The Residential Parking Permit shall be permanently attached to the inside lower corner of the rear window, driver's side.
- A Residential Parking Permit shall be displayed only on the vehicle described on the permit application.
- A Residential Parking Permit does not authorize parking or standing a vehicle in an area where parking is prohibited.
- The City Code prohibits more than two permits per single family address and one permit per unit of multi-family addresses.
- Furnishing false information to obtain a Residential Parking Permit or using such permit in a fraudulent or unlawful manner is punishable by a $1,000 fine or 60 days in jail.
Residential Parking & PARKatlanta
PARKatlanta is a collaborative effort led by the City's Department of Public Works to improve on-street parking convenience, access, fairness, and service for City motorists, residents, businesses, and visitors. PARKatlanta is responsible for enforcement of the City's on-street parking regulations. For information related to parking citations issued by the PARKatlanta, please visit www.PARKatlanta.org or call 1-888-266-1360.
For more information about the Residential Parking Permit Program, please contact the Department of Public Works at (404) 330-6240.
City of Atlanta
Department of Public Works
55 Trinity Avenue, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Office of the Commissioner
Richard Mendoza, Commissioner
Tel: (404) 330-6240
Office of Solid Waste Services
Gayla Dodson, Special Operations Director
Atlanta Recycling Program
Mary Harrington, Program Manager
Office of Transportation
Quality of Life Bond Program
Madelyn Grant, Program Manager
Office of Fleet Services
Tracey Woods, Assistant Director
Valerie Bell-Smith, Public Relations Manager, Sr.
NOTE: For garbage collection, rubbage collection or to receive a trash bin call 404.330.6333. For issues related to water and sewer, please call the Department of Watershed Management at 404.658-6500.
Last updated: 2/19/2013 11:03:34 AM