Don't spend countless hours trying to figure out which source is best to post a job. Let AWDA specialists handle the recruitment and screening process for you as we search for and pre-interview qualified candidates for your company or organization. We are pleased to provide employers with easy access to information regarding qualified individuals desiring entry into the labor market in Atlanta and the surrounding areas.
Our goal is to help employers like you find more, better-qualified, well-informed applicants who will make the best employees for your open positions. Our employers representing various industries to include healthcare, financial, manufacturing, technology, hospitality, construction, law enforcement, education, legal, sales, transportation, food service, retail and more use AWDA to post jobs every day in order to fill available positions.
By speaking with an AWDA Employment Specialist, your Job Posting information is developed and processed in minutes. AWDA then recruits and screens qualified applicants for you. You’ll meet our qualified respondents immediately during our weekly Job Fair. You may request an update of your listing details and criteria as needed. Let AWDA help you find and connect to candidates today.
The Business Relations Unit (BRU) can help your company retool, expand, or create its workforce through Customized Training Services (CTS). With WIA funds, AWDA can help an employer, or a group of employers, develop a training program customized to its own need, whether it's growth or expansion. The BRU staff will work with you in developing a training program, oversight, evaluation, training, and follow-up. Customized Training Services, at its best is a partnership between industry, government, and the job seeker, or incumbent worker, where everyone wins.
AWDA Hosts weekly job fairs that introduce 200-300 applicants to potentential employers every Tuesday. Job seekers and Employers often find success at our job fairs.
AWDA offers many services for employers seeking qualified workers. In addition to our weekly job fairs, we provide additional services to employers such as:
- Job fairs
- Job Postings on our website
- Drug screening
- Pre-employment integrity assessments
- Background checks
- Customized training(examples: Customer Service, Security, Industrial Maintenance, Flaggers, cake decorating, meat cutting, Photo technicians, pharmacy technicians)
- Transportation assistance (marta cards)
- Tax incentives & credits
- Meeting rooms
- Post-employment follow-up and tracking
- Veterans Recruitment
Our facility can accomodate large groups for job fairs and corporate meetings. Our ammenities include:
- A theater style auditorium
- 5 Computer Labs
- Full Service Cafeteria
- Multiple Meeting Rooms
- Industrial style training room
AWDA has hosted job fairs for large and small businesses including:
- AJ Wright
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Hartsfield/Jackson Airport
For more information about posting a job through AWDA, please contact Shirley Harris via phone at 404 546-3031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ON THE JOB TRAINING
The Atlanta Workforce Development Agency (AWDA) offers solutions that can reduce your new hire training expenses by up to 50% through Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funded On-the-Job Training (OJT) services.
Benefits of On-the-Job Training
AWDA will provide your business with the employees you need to increase your bottom line. Companies are able to gain motivated employees and may be eligible for tax credits from $1,200 to $9,600 per qualified employee. Jobs must pay a minimum of $9.00 per hour to qualify.
Businesses who hire WIA eligible customers have access to an array of hiring incentives such as:
- Weekly job fairs (prescreened applicants)
- People who are anxious to work or re-enter the workplace
- First to know about quality workers being laid off through no fault of their own
- Individuals with newly acquired occupational or work based skills
- On-the-job training subsidies
- Substantial tax breaks
- Skills training for workers
- On-site job counseling, job coaching, and follow-up services to ensure new workers adjust to your work environment; and
- Employees who will be supported in meeting their childcare, transportation and skills needs
To learn more about AWDA’s OJT program, please contact Deborah Lum at (404) 546-3001.
The Atlanta Workforce Development Agency can help you with employees who are being laid off, or with your reduction in workforce (RIF) needs. The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program is a federal program established under the Trade Act of 1974 and provides aid to workers who lose their jobs or whose hours of work and wages are reduced as a result of increased imports. AWDA provides comprehensive retraining and reemployment services to workers who have been laid off in Atlanta.
TAA Services include:
- Rapid Response Services -Provides early intervention services designed to respond to a layoff of more than 50 employees before layoff actually occurs.
- Reemployment Services
- Employment generating activities including job search assistance, resume preparation, and job readiness workshops.
- Training (on-the-job or classroom)
- Transportation Allowance
For more information, visit www.doleta.gov.
In 1988, Congress passed the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act to provide workers with sufficient time to prepare for the transition between the jobs they currently hold and new jobs. It also provides protection to workers, their families and communities by requiring employers to provide 60 days notice in advance of covered plant closings and covered mass layoffs. This notice must be provided to either affected workers or their representatives (i.e. a labor union), to the state dislocated worker unit and the appropriate unit of local government.
Employers wishing to submit a WARN Notice should contact AWDA for details.