Acceptable Cash Tender
• CASH MONEY – No silver, no personal, government or employer checks.
• REFUND – The cash bond will be refunded in full to the payor by the City Bond Administrator (Atlanta City Court, 104 Trinity Avenue, SW) 30 days after the case has been settled.
• STATE PENALTY ASSESSMENT – At the time bail is posted an additional fee of 5% if base bond is $100.00 or higher for Peace Officer Annuity Benefit, 10% for Police and Persecutors Training Fund, and 10% for Indigent Defense Fund.
• ADDITIONAL FEES – An additional fee of 15% for General Cases and/or 20 % for Traffic offenses must be paid. These fees are for City Jail and Driver’s Education Training Funds. The amount of three (3) dollars per offense (victim/witness program) must be paid at the time bail is posted.
Eligibility Requirements/ Acceptable Identification
• If posting the cash bond in the form of cash money the payor must present one piece of picture identification displaying his/her full name and signature. Acceptable identification includes a valid Georgia Driver’s License, school or work identification card, or membership card of a professional organization.
• To make a property bond, the Warranty Deeds must be taken to the County Sheriff’s Office of which the property is located.
• The Sheriff’s Office will call the City Jail for accurate charges, bond amount, and court dates. The Sheriff’s Office will give the person(s) a sealed envelope (which contains an approved bond) to take to the City Jail for release.
• The property must be located in the state of Georgia.
• The owner(s) of the property must be present at the time the bond is approved and written.
• Property that is owned jointly or solely by the defendant may be pledged as security for bond.
• If the person is making a property bond, he/she needs an approved Property Affidavit from the Sheriff's Office for the county in which the property is located.
• Two pieces of identification, one of which must display a recent photograph, date of birth, current address and signature; the second piece of identification must display a similar name, address and signature. Examples of acceptable identification include Georgia Driver's License, and Georgia photo identification card. If the name on the identification does not correspond to the name on the Warranty Deed, then the owner must present a legal document showing that the name was changed through marriage, divorce or other legal proceeding.
• An inmate or any person on his behalf may obtain his release by posting the entire amount of bond in cash at the jail, provided the inmate has bondable charges, the cash is paid in an approved manner, and the person posting the bond has approved identification.