The City of Atlanta Office of Transportation requires that all parking facilities, charging for parking, obtain a Park-for-Hire permit. Park-for-Hire operators, or property owners that use their property as a Park-for-Hire facility, must obtain a Park-for-Hire permit prior to beginning operations. All Park-for-Hire facilities must follow the ordinance of Parking Lots and Parking Garages
To complete a park-for-hire application the following materials must be provided:
- Property Deed or Property Manager Authorization Form
- Management/Lease Agreement with Property Owner
- Two site plans drawn to scale, no larger than 11" x 17" format. Example:
Application Fee: To apply for a Park-for-Hire Permit, a $100.00 non-refundable application fee must be submitted with a complete Park-for-Hire application.
All Park-for-Hire applications undergo a review of the submitted materials, an evaluation of the relevant zoning regulations by the Department of City Planning - Office of Buildings, and a safety inspection by the Department of Transportation.
Per Space Fee: After preliminary approval of a Park-for-Hire application, the applicant must pay the space fees associated with each facility. Safe fees are provided below.
- For parking facilities between 0 and 100 spaces, a fee of $3.00 per parking space or a maximum annual fee of $300.00.
- For parking facilities between 101 and 200 spaces, a fee of $300.00 plus a fee of $1.50 for all parking spaces that exceed 100 parking spaces or a maximum fee of $450.00.
- For parking facilities of 201 spaces or more, a fee of $550.00.