The City of Atlanta seeks to ensure adequate on-street parking for our residents and visitors. Motor vehicles bearing a special parking permit may be parked in excess of the time limits posted on streets within certain areas known as residential permit parking areas. (Ord. No. 2002-56, § 1, Sec 150-159, 150-170)
City of Atlanta Residential Parking Permitted Areas:
- Ansley Park
- Atkins Park
- Glen Iris
- Home Park
- Inman Park
- Inwood Circle
- Myrtle Street
- Saunders Street
- Vine City
Residential Parking Application Instructions:
- Application may be made by mail or in person at: Atlanta City Hall Department of Public Works, 55 Trinity Avenue, SW Suite 4700. (Download a Residential Permit Application) All residential parking permits issued for a discrete residential permit parking area shall have a common expiration date. Full-term permits shall be valid for one year and must be renewed on an annual basis. (Ordinance 08-0-0872, Section 150-151. Permits terms; fees
- The permit fee is $20.00 per year (Effective 7/22/08)
- This application must be accompanied by: Copy of Driver's License for the driver of the permitted vehicle; Additional proof of residency (utility bill, lease contract, etc.); Copy of Current vehicle registration.
- The address provided on the application must be an address within a Residential Parking Permit area.
- The Residential Parking Permit shall be permanently attached to the inside lower corner of the rear window, driver's side.
- A Residential Parking Permit shall be displayed only on the vehicle described on the permit application.
- A Residential Parking Permit does not authorize parking or standing a vehicle in an area where parking is prohibited.
- The City Code prohibits more than two permits per single family address and one permit per unit of multi-family addresses.
- Furnishing false information to obtain a Residential Parking Permit or using such permit in a fraudulent or unlawful manner is punishable by a $1,000 fine or 60 days in jail.
Residential Parking & ATLPlus
ATLPlus is a collaborative effort led by the City's Department of Public Works to improve on-street parking convenience, access, fairness, and service for City motorists, residents, businesses, and visitors. ATLPlus is responsible for enforcement of the City's on-street parking regulations. For information related to parking citations issued by the ATLPlus, please visit www.ATLPlusMobility.com or call 1-404-201-5396.
For more information about the Residential Parking Permit Program, please contact the Department of Public Works at (404) 330-6240.
City of Atlanta
Department of Public Works
55 Trinity Avenue, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
NOTE: For garbage collection, rubbage collection or to receive a trash bin call 404.330.6333. For issues related to water and sewer, please call the Department of Watershed Management at 404.658-6500.