The Mayor’s Office of Communications provides strategic counsel on message development for the Mayor and the City of Atlanta. This office is often the first stop for reporters who are seeking information about the City of Atlanta. The office manages relationships with dozens of local and national print, broadcast and online media outlets and organizes Mayoral press conferences and other announcements. Daily functions include the creation and release of media advisories and press releases. In order to ensure a timely response to your deadline, we respectfully request that all media inquiries be sent to the following address: email@example.com.
Digital Communications and Social Media
The Mayor's Office of Communications manages digital communications through the City of Atlanta website at www.atlantaga.gov and via social media channels such as Facebook,Twitter,Instagram and YouTube.
City Channel 26
- In a typical 24-hour rotation, a meeting will replay on average 2-3 times daily, based on the length of the meeting.
- We offer programming on Channel 26 twice a week to provide viewers with more opportunities to watch rebroadcasts.
- There are now three (3) ways in which a Channel 26 viewer can find information about schedules, programming and news: Channel 26 itself, the City of Atlanta website and YouTube.
- Channel 26 produces original programming to keep viewers informed, engaged, and entertained.
- We have 8 key brands under which our original programming airs:
- Up Close Atlanta
- Atlanta Now
- City Talk
- Sports Round Up
- Neighborhood by Neighborhood
- Living Smarter
- City Health Check
- Legacy Lives
- Channel 26 has completely updated Committee Room #1 with state-of-the-art equipment to better serve our viewers.
The Mayor's Office of Communications creates letters and ceremonial documents from the Mayor for residents who request them through our office. Full details on how you can obtain a ceremonial document.
Media Inquiries: ATLMedia@atlantaga.gov