Director | Ria Aiken
Click here for bio.
The City of Atlanta’s Mayor’s Office of Emergency Preparedness (MOEP) is known as the primary facilitator for coordination and implementation of preparedness and mitigation strategies to support resilience goals. We will be recognized as a top-tier preparedness and resilient city by 2018.
|City of Atlanta|
|Mayor's Office of Emergency Preparedness|
|55 Trinity Avenue|
|Atlanta, GA 30303|
- Make a Plan- Your family may not be together during an emergency, so having a plan that everyone is familiar with is important. Make sure you include a meeting place, important phone numbers, and ways to get emergency alerts in your plan.
- Assemble a Kit- Assemble an emergency kit well in advance of an emergency. You may have to evacuate at a moment's notice and take your essentials with you. You may need to survive on your own after an emergency. Know what you need in your kit.
- Stay informed- Emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime. Know what to do before, during, and after an emergency is a critical part of being prepared and may make all the difference when seconds count. Sign up for a local emergency alert system such as the City of Atlanta's NotifyATL, ReadyGeorgia, or local news alerts.
What is NotifyATL?
Get alerts about emergencies and other important news by signing up for our Emergency Alert Program, NotifyATL. This system enables the city to provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe winter weather, unexpected road closures and evacuations of buildings, as well as community events. You will receive real time messages however you specify, such as to your home, mobile or business phone, by text message and more. You pick where. You pick how. Click the banner to sign up today!
Other City of Atlanta Agencies Links
- Atlanta-Fulton County Emergency Management Agency
- Atlanta Fire Rescue Department
- Atlanta Police Department
Partner Agency Links
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- DeKalb County Board of Health
- DeKalb Emergency Management Agency
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness
- Georgia Emergency Management Agency and Homeland Security
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- National Weather Service- Peachtree City