Director | Chris Hicks
The Office of Entertainment is the official film office for the City of Atlanta.
To support the city’s rapidly expanding film industry; the Office of Entertainment has streamlined the permitting process for film productions, facilitates employment of local talent, creates production-related educational and training opportunities, and safeguards the interests of residents and businesses affected by film productions.
In addition to streamlining the permitting process for film productions in the City of Atlanta, the Office of Entertainment is also responsible for the following:
- Issuing permits to productions filming on public property in the City of Atlanta
- Facilitating communication between producers and city agencies
- Minimizing potential inconveniences to residents and local businesses affected by film production
- Supporting the provision of education and training opportunities in entertainment production; if you are interested in finding out more information on our training opportunities, please go here
- Partnering with the Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office to market Atlanta as a leading center for film, culture and entertainment
A RESOURCE FOR NEIGHBORHOODS
While the Office of Entertainment seeks to promote and facilitate filming in the City of Atlanta, we are also committed to minimizing disruption in neighborhoods, communities and businesses. The office will provide information upon request about current or scheduled filming and work to resolve issues that may arise during production.
To ensure that your interests are appropriately addressed on every permit, we solicit input from community members and work with city agencies to maintain neighborhood conditions. All approved permits are the product of a rigorous and collaborative process.
In addition to the services listed above, the Office of Entertainment will:
- Operate a 24-hour hotline to respond to concerns
- Make sure neighborhoods and businesses receive advance notification of filming
- Remind filmmakers of their obligations to you and your neighborhood by distributing our “Good Neighbor” policy with every permit we release
Please click on the FilmApp logo above to begin the online permitting application process. You will be able to submit a full application, as well as submit questions. You will also be able to pay for and print your permit online.
City of Atlanta
Office of Film & Entertainment
55 Trinity Ave. SW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Main Line: 404.330.6006
New Business Development