The Mayor’s Office of Intergovernmental Affairs is responsible for managing the City of Atlanta’s relationships with all levels of government. In coordinating with City departments and agencies to protect the City’s interests, the Mayor’s Office of Intergovernmental Affairs is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with federal, state, regional and local governments.
- Coordinating with city departments and agencies to produce the City’s legislative package.
- Strategizing with the City’s federal lobbyists regarding federal programs and legislation.
- Advocating for the City’s interests at the Georgia General Assembly.
- Working with other interested parties relative to legislation, financial support and projects beneficial to the City.