Mayor Bottoms signed legislation creating a Task Force to reimagine the use of the Atlanta City Detention Center into a vibrant services hub that will restore and strengthen the social and civic life of Atlanta’s communities which have been disproportionately harmed by our society’s history of over-incarceration and punishment. Click here to learn more about the legislation.
The Task Force is comprised of representatives of local government and 25 individuals selected from nominations submitted by the public, including those who have been detained at ACDC and otherwise impacted communities. The Task Force will provide recommendations to the Mayor for proposed alternative uses of ACDC, including further steps that may be considered for the City to reduce criminal violations that are consistent with public safety.
Task Force Meeting One (July 16, 2019)
- Reimagining the ACDC ‐ Task Force Meeting I
- Reimagining the ACDC ‐ Framework and Parameters
- Reimagining the ACDC ‐ Selection Committee Criteria and Task Force Committee Members
Task Force Meeting Two (September 10, 2019)
- Reimagining the ACDC – Meeting 2 Agenda
- Reimagining the ACDC – Meeting 2 Slides
- Reimagining the ACDC – Meeting 2 Building Workgroup Plan
- Reimaging the ACDC – Meeting 2 Community Engagement Organizations
Task Force Meeting Three (October 29, 2019)
Task Force Meeting Four (Tuesday December 10th, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm)
Grace United Methodist Fellowship Hall
458 Ponce De Leon Ave, NE, Atlanta, GA, 30303
Onsite Parking Available
Task Force Meeting Five (Tuesday February 25th, 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm)
Dennard Conference Center, Atlanta Technical College
1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
Task Force meetings are open to the public. We hope you will join us at future meetings.