See FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Report a housing code violation?

The Housing Code Enforcement Division is responsible for
enforcing maintenance and preservation of existing housing stock and structures mandated by the City of Atlanta Housing Code of 1980 as amended. The Housing Code Enforcement Division inspects all residential structures to ensure compliance with City of Atlanta Housing Code and issues Notice of Non-Compliance as required.

The two main types of violations are damaged/deteriorated structural members and vacant open structures. If violations are detected, notices including a list of deficiencies are sent to property owners requesting compliance.

Housing Inspectors of the Housing Code Enforcement Division may be contacted Monday through Friday between 8:15 - 10:30 a.m. This time frame has been established so that citizens may discuss problems or register complaints as required.

Questions regarding compliance with the code, violations, or assistance should be directed to the Housing Code Enforcement Division by calling 404.330.6190.

Report an Abandoned Car?

To report a violation, call 404.330.6190.

There are two(2) kinds of abandoned vehicles:

  1. Any non-functioning vehicle or any vehicle, which cannot be operated on the public roads.

  2. A junk vehicle is any vehicle, which is non-operable, or any vehicle, which does not bear a current tag and state sticker, if required.

It is unlawful to allow, keep, maintain, or store an inoperable vehicle on public or private property in the City of Atlanta.

It is unlawful to allow substandard conditions to exist in Housing. Violators are subject to nuisance abatement or prosecution in Municipal Court.

It is also unlawful to litter, dump or allow the existence of overgrowth on vacant lots.

Report a Trash, Recycling, or Yard Waste problem?

Solid waste, including yard trimmings and other items, is collected from single-family residences by Public Works' Solid Waste Services once a week. Garbage must be placed in approved containers such as "Herbie Curbies".

Old appliances, furniture and other bulky items should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day. Atlanta Public Works does not pickup garbage or other disposable items produced by businesses.

For general information regarding garbage collection such as requesting a garbage container, reporting missed pickups, or scheduling a bulk pick up, please call 404.330-6333.

Report a Water Leak?

To report a water leak call Customer Service 404.658.6500.

Report a Sewer Maintenance Emergency?

For all Public Works Services Dial (404) 65-WORKS (404.659.6757).

Why have I received a Sanitary Service Fee bill?

Sanitary Service Fees are now collected separately from property taxes. The sanitary service charge is the responsibility of City of Atlanta property owners using City of Atlanta garbage collection. Property owners who rent out their properties should advise their tenants to immediately notify them upon receiving this important bill.

Sanitary service bills are mailed on July 1 and are due August 15 of each year. Call 404.330.6270 for more information.


Click here to access business tax renewals FAQs.

Excise Tax FAQ's

Click here to access excise tax FAQ's.

Occupational Tax FAQ’s

Click here to access occupational tax FAQ's.


You may use your citation number or driver's license number. * Not all citations can be paid online . Some may require a mandatory court appearance such as;
*Reckless driving
*Excessive speeds (over 34 MPH)
*under age 21
*Suspended license
*Tag or insurance

You may click here to pay now.


What is a moving violation?
Any violation of the law committed by the driver of a vehicle while it is in motion such as:
*Exceeding the speed limit
*Driving too slowly for road conditions, particularly in a left hand lane
*Running a stop sign or red traffic light
*Failure to yield to another vehicle with the right of way
*Failure to signal for turns or lane changes
*Failure to maintain a single
*Crossing over a center divider, median or gore
*Driving on the shoulder where it is considered illegal under certain conditions
*Failure to fasten seat belt
*Failure to stop for a pedestrian at a crosswalk
*Failure to stop for a school bus when children are boarding or exiting
*Failure to secure a load to a truck or lorry
*Driving in a car pool (HOV) lane illegally

My citation number is not in the system, what should I do?
Please use your driver's license number to retrieve the citation number.

I used my driver's license number and the citation number and it is not on the system, what should I do? Please contact the Customer Care at 404.658.6940 for assistance.

Why can't I pay my ticket online?
There may be several reasons why you may not be able to pay your citation online or by phone pay.
1) Your ticket may not be in the system because it has not been filed with the court by the Police Officer.
2) You may have a mandatory court appearance due to an accident or other circumstances.
3) You do not have the correct citation number.
4) The citation number has been transposed because it is a duplicate number. If you are experiencing problems, please call Customer Care for assistance at (404) 658-6940.
5) Your are attempting to make a partial payment. You must pay all outstanding citations.

How much time do I have to pay my ticket?
You can pay your citation at least two (2) days before your court date, without penalty. * This may not apply to cases that have been reset by the court.

I can't make my court date, what should I do?
You may write a letter stating why you can not make your court appearance, and ask for a new court date. You may submit the letter up to two (2) days before your court date to the clerk's office at the Municipal Court of Atlanta, 150 Garnett Street, SW Atlanta, GA 30303. *Please keep in mind, that the court is not obligated to grant your new court date request. It is your responsibility to contact the clerk's office to find out if your request for a new court date has been granted.


What is a parking violation?

A charge against a vehicle that is illegally parked.

How can I pay my parking tickets?
For your convenience the automated services are; Phone payments, dial 404.658.6940 and select prompt # 4 and follow the instructions or go to the City of Atlanta web site, and place your arrow over the "Online Services" menu on the side navigation bar. Select "Pay Parking Tickets" then enter in the citation number or your tag number. If you are unable to pay through automated systems, please come in to our building at 150 Garnett Street and pay your fine at one of our convenient payment windows.

I can not retrieve my ticket number online or by phone, what should I do?
Please make sure that you have entered the correct citation number and/or automobile tag number. The automated system will ask for your seven digit citation. If you do not have the seven digits on your citation or you have been unsuccessful at attempts on paying your ticket(s), please contact our Customer Care department at 404.658.6940 for assistance.

Learn about the City's Tax Bill?

To learn more about the City's Tax Bill visit the Department of Finance section of this website.

Obtain a Business License?

All businesses located within the city limits of Atlanta are required to have a Business Tax Certificate (sometimes referred to as a "Business License"). The City of Atlanta's Business Tax Division will assist you in making sure that your business complies with all applicable city ordinances.

You can contact the office by phone, fax, or mail, if you have questions concerning your new or existing Atlanta Business Tax Account.

Tel: 404.330.6270

Fax: 404.658.7465

City of Atlanta Business Tax Division
55 Trinity Avenue, SW
Suite 1350
Atlanta, Georgia 30335-0317

Look up the City Code and Proposed legislation?

You can use the search feature on the Municode website. Both city code and proposed legislation are located on the City Council web site.

Obtain a Building Permit?

Building Permit Applications are obtained from the Bureau of Buildings located on the third floor of City Hall in Suite 3900. You can contact the Bureau of Buildings by phone, at 404.330.6150 Monday through Friday 8:15 am - 5:00pm.

See if there is a Warrant in my name?

If you have an outstanding warrant, you must appear in court immediately. Failure to appear will result in arrest.

Contact Info
City of Atlanta
Office of Code Enforcement
818 Pollard Blvd. SW
Atlanta, GA 30315
Tel: 404-546-3800
Fax: 404 658-7084
Fax: 404 525-6614

Major James Shaw
Tel: 404-546-3800
Fax: 404 658-7084

Captain Joe Cummings
Assistant Commander
Tel: 404-546-3806
Fax: 404 658-7084

View Full Site